Monday, November 16, 2009

Making a Bulb Ornament Wreath

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I was on vacation and not doing anything creative! But I am back and got started on some Christmas projects this weekend.

My first project was a Christmas wreath. I want to do a Christmas display in my entry way similar to what I did for the fall, so I figured a wreath would be the best way to get started.

I picked up a Christmas pine wreath from Michaels, some cheap bulb ornaments (two different sizes) and wire ornament hangers. I attached the bulbs using the ornament hangers and made sure to twist them very tightly so they would stay nicely. I attached most of the bulbs to the "base" of the wreath instead of to the actual branches to try and get them to attach more securely. This was a very easy project and took maybe 20-30 minutes. But I have to admit, it was a pain to secure the ornament hooks because they dig into your skin when you bend them.

Here is a price breakdown (everything was purchased at Michaels):
-Wreath: $4.99
-Ornaments: $10 (estimated - not exactly sure what they cost. I probably should have just used ones I had at home).
-Ornament Hangers: $2 (you will have a ton left over)






7 comments:

  1. wow it looks great!!! LOve that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great!! And it sounds really easy. i might have to make one over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!!! It was so so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Jen! I love anything with ornaments in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you ever need lights put on a wreath let me know. i did hundreds at english gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about your career at EG! What else can you make???

    ReplyDelete