Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lamps for Less

For years now, I have always loved stacked glass ball lamps (I am not sure how else to describe them). I never bought one and stuck with my (cheap) IKEA lamps instead. The ones I found were always so expensive and I just could not justify spending $200+ on a lamp. Plus, I needed two. While strolling through Target one day, I stumbled upon the exact same style lamp I have always loved, but it was made out of plastic instead of glass. Making the lamp way more budget friendly and toddler friendly as well! The Target version was around $29.99, plus the cost of the shade (like $15).

While the Target version is a bargin compared to most lamps of this style, it is an absolute steal when compared to the Ralph Lauren version, shown in the first picture below and available here. It's on "sale" for $1,360. Ouch. The second picture is my Target lamp. The only real difference I see if the shade, which is an easy fix if you must have the same look as the RL one.

And, if you like the look of designer clothes, but don't want to pay the designer price tags, check out J's blog. She is fabulous!!!!


7 comments:

  1. I have 2 from Target and I love it! One is in Madisons room and I have one in the living room. I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the target one too. What kind of insane person would pay $1700 for a table lamp? Insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite the bargain. Yours looks just as good as the original.

    Also, thanks for the link to J's blog. I love blogs like that and I made sure to add it to my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cUTE! I wish I needed a table lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing those Target ones for awhile, they look great! Thanks for the blog mention as well, you are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete